Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
Students will be expected to keep themselves well groomed and neatly dressed at all times. Any form of dress or hairstyle or grooming that is contrary to good hygiene or which is considered a distraction or disruptive to the purpose and conduct of the school will not be permitted. Dress shall not create a health or other hazard to the students’ safety.
The dress code for Montgomery I.S.D. includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Shorts, skirts, or dresses must be modest (mid-thigh or longer) and approach the knee with normal movement.
• Leggings/tights are only permissible when outer garments meet dress code requirements.
• Walking shorts may be worn provided they are in good taste. Shorts are to approach the knee. No bicycle shorts, spandex, athletic or jogging shorts are allowed. Shorts, pants and jeans must be hemmed and have no holes or cutouts above the knee.
• Strapless, transparent, tight, low-cut or revealing clothes may not be worn to school. Inappropriate clothing includes any casual beach-like attire, including backless blouses, off the shoulder blouses/dresses, halter type tank tops, tops with spaghetti straps, or pants, shirts and sleeves that have been cut off. A student’s midriff must not show. No stomachs should be visible with normal movement.
• No hats, caps, doo-rags or bandanas are to be worn or displayed in any school building.
• Raincoats, trench coats and other full-length over-garments worn to school due to inclement weather must be stored in the locker. Such garments may not be worn inside the building.
• Hair must be neat, clean and combed. Extreme styles or not of natural color are not acceptable. Mustaches may be worn if neat and trimmed. No other facial hair is allowed. Sideburns must not extend below the earlobe.
• No clothing or accessory may be worn which refers to violence, cadavers, gangs, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, obscene language, satanic symbols or which could be construed to have an offensive meaning or a sexual connotation. Gothic/Ghoulish attire will not be allowed. Pants may not be excessively baggy or hang below the natural waistline.
• Noisy or distracting jewelry or accessories may not be worn. Nose/facial/tongue studs and/or visible body piercing, except for earrings, are prohibited. Chains of any length or size (including wallet chains) are not allowed. Visible tattoos are prohibited. Sunglasses may not be worn in building.
• It is never appropriate for students to wear house slippers, pajamas, or bedclothes to school. Students should never bring blankets or pillows.
Each year there are “fads” that show up on our campuses. We are neither listing these nor making a regulation to cover all problems that may arise. When a fad starts on a campus and becomes a distraction, it shall be immediately eliminated. It is impractical to list every possibility of dress and grooming. The principal of each campus shall apply the Grooming Code and make all final decisions regarding what is acceptable and appropriate considering the age and activities of the students.
Infractions of the dress code will result in the student being sent to the office. On the first offense, the violation will be corrected as soon as possible, parent will be contacted, a warning will be issued, and student will be sent to class within code. Second offense will follow the procedure mentioned above except a discipline consequence will be issued. Three or more offenses will result in the parent coming to school to correct violation or the student being sent to ISS for the remainder of the day and a discipline consequence assigned. Any violation that cannot be corrected in the above mentioned manner will result in the student being placed in ISS for the remainder of the day.
If a student fails to report to the office when instructed, they will receive the appropriate discipline consequence.
The final determination of what is disruptive or distracting shall be made by the principal or assistant principal. Parents and students who disagree shall follow the procedure for appeals.
Montgomery ISD District Office | 13159 Walden Road | Montgomery, TX 77356 | Phone: 936-276-2000
MONTGOMERY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
CONNECTIONS• Contact Us
• Approved Flyers
• A+ Community Connects
COPYRIGHT © 2016 - MONTGOMERY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISCTRICT
POWERED BY ezTask TITANIUM TM